Careers take twists and turns along the way, such that there are times when a couple of career shifts are done. According to some career specialists, there are only very few careers which are exactly black and white. As such, grabbing careers which offer a clear direction is one of the most practical things to do.
Finance is a career option which offers a clear direction and a lot of options. Nobody would certainly say no to a clear career direction. Therefore, finance is a good career option to pursue. Here 10 ten reasons to work in finance.
1. Vast job opportunities. A strong employment growth for finance related jobs is predicted by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics because of the increase in the need for financial transaction scrutiny, as well as the changing financial legislation.
2. Bright career path. A finance career in one of the most-focused careers which provide a clear career path. With this career, getting into a job right after graduation is not surprising. With the great amount of entry options, it will be no time at all before you start on a job.
3. Great compensation package. Finance jobs are undeniably one of the highest paid white collar jobs. Depending on the type of finance practice, the compensation is way above what most other career options offer.
4. Job comes with prestige. A finance job includes working with a company in raising money for continuous operation. This job description is prestigious in the sense that not everybody is given the chance to do this job.
5. Tasks are challenging. With a finance job, you are definitely challenged everyday with the various responsibilities that are very crucial to the company’s welfare.
6. Provides continuous learning. Learning never stops with finance jobs. Every day is a new day to learn new things.
7. Takes you places. If you work for a government branch, or a private company as a finance officer or manager, you will be given the chance to go places for trainings, workshops, or simply for work.
8. Competitive. With the number of finance job vacancies and the amount of finance graduates, there is no room for slack. Since the competition is stiff, you need to be in constant updates of knowledge and skills.
9. Opportunities are long term. Unlike other careers which seem to be in demand for a certain time, finance careers are long term. For as long as companies, industries, business, and the government exist, there would always be job opportunities for finance.
10. Highly demanded. Since finance jobs are important in any company, business, or government; these jobs are deemed indispensable. As such, demands for finance jobs increases over time with industrialization and commercialization.